Archive of ‘Blog’ category
You know it’s good for you. The question is: How good? Turns out, meditating every day for half the length of your favorite sitcom is about as healthy as getting a 90-minute full body massage.
The question is: How healthy is it?
According to a study by Harvard University and Massachusetts General Hospital, as little as eight weeks of meditation not only helped people experience decreased anxiety and greater feelings of calm; it also produced growth in the areas of the brain associated with memory, empathy, sense of self, and stress regulation.
Still not convinced?
Lovetoknow.com recently documented some benefits of meditation and here’s what the savvy writers over there came up with:
- Greater levels of creativity
- Enhanced immune system
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased serotonin levels – a chemical that influences mood and behavior
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Decreased irritability and moodiness
- Improved learning abilities and increase in memory retention
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation
- Increased overall happiness and emotional stability
Statistically speaking, you’re not going to die from not meditating. But you ARE missing out on a great deal of physical and emotional benefits that come from the simple act of sitting still for 15 minutes a day.
Interested in learning more about meditation, such as how to do it, when to do it, and exactly what to do to get the most out of this simple, yet highly effective practice?
Click here and email me to set up your Miracles of Meditation session so we can get meditation working for YOU! Some of the positives some of my clients have received as a result of learning to meditate include: -Job promotions -Income increases of up to 327% -Amazing new opportunities “coming out of nowhere” And more! If you’re ready to benefit from the simple act of slowing down for 15 minutes a day and you want a knowledgeable expert to show you exactly what to do and how to do it, and what meditation is and is not, contact me today. You won’t regret it!
If so, you’re in luck; today, I’m giving you three of my top ways you can determine if you’re spiritually awake or not.Read on for more and see if you pass the spiritually awake quiz!
Sign #1: You receive signs from a Higher Power.
Some of my favorite signs come from places like license plates and billboards, or when I open up a book or magazine to a page with information I just happen to need.
Sign #3: You question your life purpose.
Because being spiritually-awake requires the ability to look beyond yourself and the basic physical plane we live on, and if you’re questioning your purpose, you’re displaying self-actualizing behavior.
Do you experience these things? Which ones?
How I get more done;
How I have so much more patience for everything in my life;
How I have so much more patience for everything in my life;
Do you just give up?
And today I’ve put together a list of 5 of my favorites. Here they are:
Quick tool #3: Bathroom Break
Quick tool #4: Om While You Wait
Quick tool # 5: As a Pre-dinner Treat
Which of my meditation tools will you try the next time you need an extra boost or don’t have a lot of time to meditate?
And here it is:
- You must book and pay before December 31, 2016
- This offer is limited to the first 25 sign-ups
I’ve never offered 25% off and I don’;t know if I’ll ever do it again, so if you’re interested, email me today. You’ll be glad you did!
Season’s greetings to you and yours!
Whether it’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or something else, I wanted to take a moment to wish you a happy, peaceful, blessed and joyful holiday season! My heart is overflowing with gratitude for the wonderful year I’ve had, and I’m hoping you’ve experienced the same!
I’ve got an exciting offer for you on December 26, but in the meantime, I wanted to gift you with something else: a reminder of some of the freebies I offer – many of which are helpful at this busy time of year:
- Free Morning Meditation: if you need a pep on your step or are trying to break free from old patterns or negative thinking, give my Jumpstart Your Day meditation a try. It’s uplifting, positive, and allows you to create the life you want!
- Free articles: Want to know what it takes to be exceptionally happy? Click here. How about Seven Simple Ways to Stay Positive, even when you’re down? For even more free articles on everything from toxic people to the benefits of being sick, click here.
- Free daily psychic readings: not following my page on Facebook yet? Then you’re really missing out! That’s because, starting in July 2016, I began doing daily readings on Facebook every morning. It’s kind of like having your own private psychic in your pocket, except you don’t have to pay! Pretty cool if you ask me 🙂 Other benefits of following my page on Facebook include contests and the recently-added and uber-popular daily draws. If you haven’t joined me on FB yet, now’s your chance! Click here, like the page, and follow it. Then be prepared for your free guidance, right in your feed!
Well , that’s all for me today. Again, I’m wishing you the happiest of holidays and sending you lots of love.
Gratitude is one of my FAVORITE practices for lifting the mood, feeling happier, and manifesting awesome things, and I want to take a moment today, on the US holiday of Thanksgiving, to say:
Thank you for reading my articles!
Thank you for being a part of my community!
And thank you for inspiring me!
I’m so grateful for all the love and support you send my way!
From my family to yours, here’s to an amazing Thanksgiving and your best holiday season yet!
Place: Normandy Chiropractic
Address: Woodward Avenue Royal Oak MI 48067
“Just wait until you get to your hotel,” he said.
- Take out a sheet of paper.
- Write “I release” at the top.
- Make a numbered list of what you’d like to let go of. Examples include old relationships, toxic energy, old arguments, excess weight, painful memories, etc.
- Destroy the paper. Some people recommend burning it, but I prefer the safety sure route of putting it through a shredder 🙂
- Get back to your day.
3. This full moon will give you extra confidence and independence. While most full moons are linked with extra energy, they fluctuate in the character traits we experience. If a full moon were in Virgo, for instance, you may find yourself feeling practical and detail-oriented, two traits Virgo people know well 🙂 With today’s Full Moon in Aries, you’ll experience characteristics common to those with the sun sign of the ram: courage, independence, and bold action. This full moon is an invitation to you – especially if you’re timid – to release your inhibitions, kindle your passions, and take a bold step out!
Well, that’s all for this week! I hope you enjoyed this article on the benefits of the full moon, and how to make them work for you! If you did, please take a moment and drop me a note here, or share the article with your friends.
Played solitaire on the elliptical machine while I worked out
Did a word search in a book I’d brought
Played hop scotch using sticky notes I’d brought along
Colored a butterfly drawing with markers I’d brought along
Watched one of my new favorite TV shows, Hart of Dixie
Downloaded and read a new book
Read the newest edition of HGTV mag, one of my faves
Spent some time at the pool swimming (I even did a handstand at the bottom like I did when I was a kid!)
Go to or play a sport
Do something seasonal, like go apple picking or ice skating
Go watch a movie
Attend a live show
Go to an art gallery
Go to theatre or opera
Create something out of recycled items
Learn something new
Play putt putt golf or go bowling
Go out for coffee or tea with a friend
Do some gardening
Play an instrument
Read something new
Get a massage
Go to the zoo
Play with a dog
Go to a carnival
Play horseshoes or cornhole
Watch a comedy
Make something out of legos
Make up jokes
Take a bath
Get photos taken by a pro
Learn a new skill
Go bike riding
Go bird watching
Make a homemade card
Call a friend
Do a video chat
Throw a party
Make a recording for a friend to send to them in the future
Write yourself a poem
Stand in front of a mirror and use window markers to draw silly faces or inspiring quotes
1 2 3 … 9 Next